Wednesday, November 11, 2009

GOOD MAIL DAY


Highly recommended by Cascadia Artpost for the bookshelf of every mail art creator or anyone curious about artistamps and postal art is a new softcover book by San Francisco artists Jennie Hinchcliff and Carolee Gilligan Wheeler, Good Mail Day (Quarry Books, 2009, $19.95 U.S.).


Filled with how-to pointers and abundantly illustrated, Good Mail Day brings together a lot of information in one place about mail art. The book's chapters cover topics such as:


  • Getting started with mail art

  • How to put together a traveling mail art kit

  • Drawing ideas and raw materials from the environment around us

  • How to make and illustrate envelopes

  • Working with paper

  • Postal experiments

  • Creating artistamps

  • Developing one's postal personality

  • Mail art projects and networking

As added inspiration, bound with the book in the back are some blank postcards and postal stickers.


For more information, see the website http://www.good-mail-day.com. The artists also have a website for their Podpost at http://www.podpodpost.com.



5 comments:

Beanie Mouse said...

It arrived!! It arrived!! A naked CD mailed to "And Beanie"!!! I'm soooo happy!! (i'm seriously behind in my blog mail updates but I will be posting pix of it!!)

Beanie Mouse said...

I got MORE MAIL!! Addressed JUST FOR ME! Beanie!! With postcards in it!! thank you so much!!

Beanie Mouse said...

I'm almost catching up on my mailblog posts!!

Beanie Mouse said...

I got the Sock Monkey stamps!! I got the Sock Monkey stamps!! I LOVE 'EM!

Beanie Mouse said...

You've been Very Good to me!! Thank you Millions for the book which arrived yesterday!!!